HKICF New Initiative in September 2022 –
The School Choirs’ Incubator Programme
HKICF is only the beginning of our long journey to shape the choral singing culture in Hong Kong. Beside one-off opportunities, schools and music groups also need long-term support to develop and grow their choirs.
In 2021, we conducted a survey among participants to understand what they are looking for. We interviewed over 60 music teachers and conductors from primary and secondary schools in Hong Kong. 99% of them identified (1) Professional guidance and (2) Performance opportunities as the most urgent needs of their choirs.
Therefore, to make choral music accessible to more young people and better serve their needs, HKICF will be launching a new initiative, “The School Choirs’ Incubator Programme” in September 2022.
In this programme, HKICF will provide long term support to selected school choirs in Hong Kong, which includes:
- Accredited workshops in conducting and vocal pedagogy;
- Pairing up participating music teachers and conductors with professional clinicians as mentors;
- Periodic private consultation sessions with mentors, music teachers and conductors;
- Periodic in-school choir clinics by mentors;
- Periodic performance opportunities for participating school choirs.
Under the professional guidance of our in-school clinicians, teachers can cultivate an environment that favours the sustainable development of choral singing culture in their respective schools without worrying about financial constraints and the lack of performance opportunities, rehearsals and competitions.
If you are interested in this programme, contact us at [email protected] and we will keep you posted on updates of this new initiative!